Friday, July 24, 2015

TGIF...that means Chemo Drip Round 3 is Complete

I am just about an hour away from the last few drips of this chemo cocktail entering my bloodstream. It's been a relatively subdued week, with minimal side effects short of some swelling in my legs and ankles, which was caused by a little water retention. Nothing that a 20 mg shot of Lasix couldn't handle. Lasix forces you to remain in close proximity to your bathroom, unless you prefer a catheter . . . which I sure as heck don't want. Ha! Thanks Dr. Kute!

This now completes another full 5-day hospital stay, my third since May 4th. In that time, I have been surrounded by and treated by the absolute best health care professionals I could ever hope for. The doctors, nurses, aides and staff are so incredibly helpful, informative, nurturing, and empathetic. Plus, they all seem to share the same positive and upbeat attitude that I have . . . maybe that's why we all get along so well. This week, my nurses Megan and Angela, and Rachel have coordinated day shift, while Mark and Kim anchored the night shift. Absolutely consummate professionals, each one of them! And the aides who take my vitals like Meghan and Paige demonstrate the energy and commitment they have as they pursue their nursing degree and gain great practical hands on experience.

I have been so incredibly lucky and blessed thus far with minimal side effects from each treatment. Plus, to be surrounded by such caring professionals as the ones I've come across has made my experience so far a tolerable one, considering the disease I'm fighting. These professionals are making a true difference in my life, and for each of them, I am truly thankful.

Thanks to everyone who continue their ongoing prayers and support on my behalf. God is in charge of this operation, and His plan is my plan. My prayer each day is to continue to grow and strengthen in my walk with Him. And selfishly, I ask for lots more time so that I can be an inspiration and testimony to others so that they too can experience His grace and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment