Friday, May 8, 2015

Four of Four

Thursday was a busy and tiring day, with friends dropping by and nurses taking vitals for what seemed like every 15 minutes.  Ha.  So I thought I would just consolidate Thursday and Friday's developments into one update here, along with a few new photos. The doctor is pleased with my progress so far. I've been able to escape each day for a 10-minute sit on the outdoor patio. And with this nice weather this week, it's been nice to sit in the sun. I'm walking the floor several times a day talking with the nurses and aides and trying to stay out of trouble. Overall, I am feeling pretty good, just a little tired, but the doctors said that was to be expected anyway.  

I've tried to get pictures of my visitors and include them in these updates, but sometimes they get away before we get a chance to snap a photo. I appreciate all my friends and visitors who have stopped in. Most of all, THANK YOU for your continued thoughts and prayers. They are invaluable and much appreciated!!


Melanie Wood, stopping by to make sure I'm still listening to my Spanish music and memorizing it for the Cuban National Choir program on July 1!!!


Fraternity brother Jack Martin, no doubt wondering if I was going to share my pumpkin pie that they brought for lunchtime dessert.


Holding court. Too bad it's not the tennis court.


Another in a long line of investment advisor friends who've brightened my day . . . Shaun Chelf of Hilliard Lyons. A great friend and fierce competitor.


Michael, a very competent and friendly aide here on the 3rd floor is from Cuba. He will help me with some of these tough Spanish translations and dialect for our Cuban National Choir program at Southeast Christian on July 1. He and his wife are bringing their children to the concert and are excited to be going. 

Friday



It's Friday May 8, and I'm just chilling on the blanket Christina and Ashley made for me.


The nice flowers were sent by my mom . . . Thank you, Mom!!
And my favorite hat from my favorite South Carolina tennis facility, The Litchfield Racquet Club in Pawleys Island, South Carolina.



Nurse Julie starts the fourth bag of chemo cocktail. Just 24 more hours of being tethered, and then freedom, baby!


Tennis buddy and St. Louis Cardinal fan extraordinaire, Ed Farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment