Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How Low Can it Go?

Friday, May 15, I went to the CBC group to get my daily injection of Neupogen plus a side of Valcade (chemo drug), and to have blood drawn. The day before, they told me my white blood cell count couldn't get much lower -- it was 0.04. However, I've never been an underachiever, so I met their challenge, and on Friday, the WBC count was 0.01. I had 10 white blood cells in my body. They warned me to stay away from crowds and anyone who had the slightest inkling that they were sick.

My temperature at the doctor's office that morning was 99.8 -- the first time it had been over 98. It steadily rose as the day went on, and at 7:00 pm it was 100.1. At 8:00 it was 101.4. As instructed, I called the doc on call that night. And as expected, he told me to go directly to the emergency room. I was checked into Baptist Hospital again on Friday night, around midnight, where I've been ever since. 

The white blood count is on the rise, and my temperature has returned to normal. I'm thinking positive here that I should be home in the next 48 hours. It's Memorial weekend, so I will be ready for some sun and fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment