Friday, May 29, 2015

The calm before the storm...

It is Friday night, and I am hitting some golf balls on the range here at Lake Forest and enjoying a beer with one of my golf buddies. Feels good to be out and about because come Monday, June 1, the second round of chemo will begin and I will be in the hospital for 7 days or so...yuck. But it's hard to beat this weather tonight.


 I didn't even come close to hitting into that water in the background!!
Thursday, May 28th, I met with Dr. William Tse at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center for a monthly follow-up and to discuss additional options going forward. Dr. Tse is very satisfied with how I tolerated the chemo this month and is pleased that there no longer were plasma cells seen circulating in my peripheral blood . . . "a good sign" is what he said. Yeah, I'll second that!!!


But there is still a long road ahead as we have to get rid of all the leukemic cells in the bone marrow before we can harvest stem cells for the anticipated stem cell transplant later this summer. And speaking of summer, there's nothing better than an hour on the river at dusk.


Sunset over the Ohio River, and the water was SOOO calm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment