Thursday, May 14, 2015

I'll Take White Blood Cells for a Thousand, Alex

I haven't posted an update in a few days because things have been pretty quiet. However, today, during a routine blood test, it was discovered that my white blood cell count is .04 -- almost zilch. So I'm voluntarily under house arrest to lower the risk of being exposed to someone who's sick.

I go in daily for an injection of Neupogen, which is supposed to stimulate my bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. I also got one chemo shot Tuesday and will get one tomorrow, and I'm taking a chemo pill every day. So far, I'm feeling pretty good. A little tired and puny, but no nausea or vomiting like they predicted. It's a little tough to go from moving at 100 mph to 10-15, but I know it's necessary.



 Waiting for the pharmacy to finish concocting the Velcade that I will take as an injection in my tummy. I'd like to say that's a Bloody Mary I am drinking, but ginger ale is probably more like it!!


Still waiting . . . you know, there's a lot of old and sick people that come through this area . . . I don't need to catch anything, not with my white count so low now.


She's so covert, trying to hide that needle from my view.


Tell Mr. Allen I want him to buy 500 shares each of Procter & Gamble, Exxon, and Walmart.


I so hate needles.


These silly daytime TV shows could put anybody to sleep.


Firing off an email to a client, this is my comfort zone and elixir. I LOVE what I do and I am blessed to have earned their confidence and trust for the past 29 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment